Wednesday 30 September 2009

Self Evaluation

During the summer holidays I was asked to choose a film text that was less than 5 years old and at the same time I had to choose one that I thoroughly enjoyed. I was specifically asked to do a migrain anaysis on the film text and to answer some questions that was set for us. I also had to prepare a 5 minute powerpoint presentation that I will be then be presenting it back to the class. I ended up choosing "Taken" which is a film I really enjoyed watching and would recommend to everyone. Having completed my migrain analysis on my chosen film text I had to concentrate on the powerpoint presentaion that I was going to present back to the class.

When I returned to school I had to present to the class by powerpoint presentation that I did on my chosen film text. The class was then asked to rate each others presentation in terms of their significance, structure, simplicity and rehersal. 1 being the best and 5 being the worst. I felt that when presenting back to the class I was a bit nervous at the start but however as time went on I felt more comfortable and was confident on my knowledge of text.

Having completed my presentation to the class, they decided to rate me in the manner I performed. In addition, the class gave me 3 for each category but was generously given a 2 for significance by Mr Bush. All in all the class felt that I had very good knowledge about the film text that I was watching and they felt convinced that it was a fantastic film. In some of my slides I had full sentences and some where short and sharpe. I felt that in order to achieve the higher marks I was requested by the class that I should have used more media concepts and relate the genre to any theorists.

Overall, I felt that the class enjoyed my powerpoint presentation and had relevant feedback from them. Everyone was asked to give 1 compliment and 1 criticisim which allowed me to be more wary of any future presentation I do. Mr Bush felt that I could have used more theorists into my powerpoint and also more media concepts along with media languag. He felt that what I used was good but If I wanted to push for those high marks that I attempted to talk more about any theorists, media language and media concepts.

No comments:

Post a Comment