Wednesday 20 January 2010

MEST 4 Xmas Task #5

In my introduction I will be briefly explaining my critical investigation an the reasons why I have chosen to discuss about this particular topic. Furthermore, I will also be trying to research the reasons as to why young black British teens commit crimes. During this essay I will also be talking about why I have chosen this topic and this area of focus.

1st paragraph

In the first paragraph I will be discussing reasons why young black British teens commit crimes. During this investigation I will also be finding out what makes them want to commit these crimes. From the media’s point of view I will also be talking about the stereotypes of black people within the print media and other sources in order to broaden my knowledge. I will then be talking about any theorists that talk about gender and try to fit it into my investigation in terms of the most likely genders that will commit these crimes.

2nd paragraph

In the following paragraph, I will be focusing on print media and institutions such as the daily express the daily mail and the sun. In the essay will also be talking about in greater detail the reasons why I chose these institutions as my primary focus. I will also be focusing on the historical events that could have driven these young adolescents into crime. There are several things why teenagers commit street crime and during this essay a number of reasons will be given along with concrete researched information and i could draw back to when needed.

3rd paragraph

In the 3rd paragraph I will be focusing on what positive icons if you like that young teenagers can aspire to be rather than become street thugs and become some sort of intimidation towards others. Speaking of positive icons for young teenagers I will be using examples such as the current president of the USA which is Barack Hussein Obama, the likes of Thierry Henry who is a global phenomenal in his profession as he is known world wide and etc. These are just a few black role models that these young teenagers could look up to and one day become something rather than nothing.

4th paragraph

The 4th paragraph will contain information on both comparing my current investigation and the information that i have gathered up along with any historical text that i could find during this investigation. I will talk about how the stereotypes and the representations might be changing towards the minority. This will also allow me to talk about the media and the moral panics this could arise between the public and these black British teens. Moreover, I will talk about the issues and debates which can lead to these stereotypes. With each print media I look at I will also be talking about the hegemony between rivalry gangs and what part they play in this.

Paragraph 5

Paragraph 5 will allow me to discussing about one gang in particular that have neither icons nor role models and trying to find out what they plan to do in the future or if they will be carrying on these street crimes for their rest of their lives. This will be important to know for my critical investigation as I will need to know in order to answer the question appropriately. This paragraph will interpret the current issues and debates along with theorists like the uses of gratification for other teenagers as they might find this entertaining and fun to hear it on the news day in and day out.

The Conclusion..

To conclude with my finished essay will be privileged of having concrete information and research into why there are so many negative stereotypes of young black British teens in print media and some element of media in general. Furthermore, the contexts that seems to be reinforcing the stereotypes of black British teens.

No comments:

Post a Comment